Monday, December 14, 2009

El dia de los gringos

I built a little palapa for Negrito today.  The wind and rain hit last night like a crazy lady, and the pobrecito just sat out in it and shivered.  I thought I deserved a beer and some yard tools, so I'm in Progreso right now having both.  This particular bar is gringo central, but I can get a beer and free internet, so I suffer. 


The place I'm staying in requires constant cleaning, the humidity is out of control, and there are a couple geckos that kindly remove bugs but leave little turds ( I call them turditos because that's AUTHENTIC ).  I sweep like it's my job, because in a way, it is.  I've almost got the beach cleaned up how a good beach should be, and I'll start bleaching the patios and power-washing the exterior walls soon.  It's so easy to fall asleep here randomly, the heat knocks you out if you lay down for even a few minutes on a couch or rock or whatever.  This works well, because the mattress es como oak planks.  I miss my tempurpedic. 


I've been here a week today, and I don't know where that week went.  I looked under la cama and in my ear, but I can't find it.  It's amazing how time flies even though you don't have a job or kids, etc etc etc.  Last night I tried to learn some sufjan songs on the guitar.  I start writing some great lyrics when I'm out with the wheelbarrow or walking down some random street sweating, but I don't carry anything to write with.  By the time I'm in a spot to record my thoughts, they are gone or now seem like rubbish.  I've also noticed a shortage of black women here, which makes me sad.  Guess what?  I just wasted 4-5 minutes of your day, depending on your speed o' read.  Hasta luego!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

To be more specific, you should be noticing a shortage of women in general being that I commenced operation "eradicate other vaginas" roughly 2.5 (milli)seconds after you in passing mentioned Mexico.

Sorry, darlin.

Nhu said...

Mexico! That is insane but I loved it when I was down there, so I totally understand. The people are amazing! Enjoy the pollo if you can find one wondering around!

Kevin Westjohn said...

Hey Adam, You crazy kid...just what trouble are you up to now? Have a fun and slow down, stay as long as possible! Keep me updated and have a blast!

Steve said...

Burchov, enough relaxing and self examination, get back here and lets do some mountain biking.

honeydunce said...

wheelbarrow pic = best

face!

suzy lee said...

jealous. maybe not of the turditos. but of slow and sweet life.