Friday, January 8, 2010

comida y amor

I've decided this will be more pictures and less talking, let's see how that goes.  It's 2 days until I pick up the brothers, I believe.  I've been washing sheets/towels and removing turditos from the spare bedrooms.  Wiley is bringing a friend, they'll be hi-fiving each other from the twin beds in the third bedroom.  I'm hoping the weather takes a turn for the better, it's been a wee bit chilly and gray as of late.


I'm trying to stay fit, not only in the British sense, but the regular sense as well.  Every other day or so I go out back, use my body weight to exercise (pullups, pushups, standing calf raises, etc), and then try to eat a little extra protein.  I've been told not to get too lean, so I'm supplementing my protein with chips/salsa/beer.   The stray cats are often hard to track down, unless you feed them half a dog-treat. 








I need to remember to take more pictures of daily things here - the way homes are built, trash is handled, Coke is consumed like water, etc are all in need to having some hot amateur pictures taken of them.  The nose detects the acrid evidence of plastic burning well before your eyes catch the dull white smoke from one of many rubbish fires along the roads.  It's either burn it, or vacant-lot it.  This picture is very typical of any place not yet developed in the little towns cerca de mi casa.


This little hotel is one of a couple spots I find myself more often than I should, answering emails and handling my "business" with the other gringos in the area.  It's a battle with the mosquitos or the business-woman that hogs the network cable each time, but I return to fight again and again.  The devil you know, I guess.  Libros y Sueños.





1 comment:

Wiley Burch said...

We'll have to capture one of those spiders and let negrito disturbingly have his way with it. We'll be there tomorrow, my browther, oh yes, and there will be fives all around. Cheers.