Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Tengo sueño

I don't have a thermometer.  I do have a dog.  If Negrito is situated in a similar manner as this photo, I know it's hot.  If he isn't, I know it's not that hot.  Simplify, gangstas.  Simplify.  I'm in Buddys right now, typing away after injesting way too many habaneros and half a gallon of water.  I'm trying to sweat out the crazy, but I don't think it's working.  It's a beautiful day out, lots of families on the beach - Right now some guys are heckling a girl walking by.  That's kind of like saying, "and now, there is air."  It's good to be a macho in the Yucatan, I can't imagine being here alone as a gringa. 

My dear brother Wiley wanted to see some more needle pics, so here they be.  The last shot was the easiest, and I'm feeling 98% better right now.  All I'm lacking is the next questionable dish of Mexican food with a mystery bacteria hiding within.  It's like that great old toy, Puppy Surprise.  When you bought it, you had no idea how many puppies were in it.  That's what I see when they set down a plate of tacos in front of me...How many high-dose-antibiotic-shots-in-the-rear are inside?!?  There could be 3, or 4, or 5!  I used to wonder if they ever screwed up and forgot to put any puppies in one of those things.  Poor kid. 
 I'd like to end this entry on a positive note: dead turtles.  Of course, I don't think the concept of dead turtles is a good thing.  It's positive because I got the chance to see this guy washed up on the beach.  I'd reckon he's 100 pounds if he's an ounce.  What an interesting creature.  On my honeymoon many moons ago, I had the pleasure of visiting a turtle hatchery down south.  You were allowed to pick up a young turtle out of the tank (about the size of a small pizza) to observe all the flapping that they guys are known for.  Flap flap.  This big one I found on the beach wasn't very active, to be honest.  He was more along the lines of smelly. 
Besides his outer layer of shell coming off in spots, I couldn't see anything really wrong with him.  I wonder how he died?  I guess it could be old age, he was pretty large.  Did he swallow one of those plastic rings that holds a sixpack together?  It's possible, if you saw the beaches here, you wouldn't believe the amount of garbage on them.  Poor old guy.  I think, in his honor, I'm going to just lay around on my stomach all day.

2 comments:

Wiley Burch said...

I'm glad you finally took some needle shots. I think you need a larger opening in the needle, something that says, "I could be a blood groove, perhaps."

Also glad you're feeling better.

Maybe you can feed that turtle to Negrito. Body massage.

Unknown said...

Yo tengo sueno, tambien. Y tengo mucho gusto en sambiendo que eres tu on the mend. (I ran out of Spanish words!) Te amo, Mijo.